—To be updated—
This page links to a number of documents that may be useful in the role of Area or Division Director.
If you would like to contribute to this list please contact us.
- The first document you should read is the District Leadership Handbook.
- On the Toastmasters International website when you login and are a District Officer you can access District Leader resources, which include Leadership Roles, District Management, Training, Governing Documents, Distinguished Performance Reports .
- At the beginning of your term will need to fill in your Area Success Plan or Division Success Plan and this will help you to plan your activities for the rest of the year. You will find the template and a guide in this manual: District Recognition Program
- To monitor the performance of your area or division you should be familiar with the Dashboard.
- You will find access to a number of additional reports in this dedicated page of reporting tools.
Training Club Officers
- You will be organising a COT, Club Officer Training. For a guide on how to do it, read this manual Training Club Leaders.
- You will find all training resources available here:
- How to prepare a COT: consider this suggestions when scheduling your COT or TLI
(click on image to enlarge)
Training District Officers
Lisbon – 9 -10 September 2017
Area and Division Contests
- You are responsible for organising your Area or Division Contest, so it is important you are familiar with the Contest rulebook in all available and needed languages. You can download it in any language available here: https://www.toastmasters.org/Resources/Resource-Library?page=1&t=Speech+Contest+Rulebook
- Make sure your events are listed in the calendar on the District website which holds an exhaustive list of the Area, Division and District Events.
- How should you prepare an Area and Division Conference? Find info here (coming soon).
- The Eligibility Assistant is a tool developed by Toastmasters International that allows you to check if a member is in good standing – you will need the last name and member number of the member you want to check. You can get a list of current members in your area or division by accessing the District Central and, after having selected your area/division, select List request: Membership.
Club Visit Reports
- As Area Director you will visit clubs and prepare a Club visit report.
- You might be interested in this manual Serving clubs through visits to make your visits even better.
- When you visit a club you could offer to run a Moments of truth
- Here are some tips for your Club Visit report: Effective Club Visit Reports
- Documents and explanations relating to reimbursements (coming soon).
- To file a reimbursement request you need to use this tool.