—To be updated—
This page provides you with a number of resources to run in the best way an Open-house or Demo meeting:
- Guidance document: Open-house Meetings Organisation
- Guidance document: Open-house Box How To
- Template document: example Open-house Meeting Agenda in Excel and Word format
- Reference document: TI_FromProspectToGuestToMember
- Reference document: TI_Success101
- Toastmasters magazine article: Stir Up Excitement with an Open House or Demo Meeting
- Other marketing materials are downloadable at the end of this page in the list of materials contained in the Open-house Box (this materials are available printed and ready to use in the Open-house Box that has been distributed)
To organise an Open-house we suggest the following steps:
- Set-up a team of committed Toastmasters to help you in running the event. Share the documentation with them. Consider using this event to complete your CL path or as a High Performance Leadership Project.
- Read and share with your team the document “Open-house Meetings Organisation” to get guidance and suggestions on how to better organize your event.
- Read and share with your team the Toastmasters short manual “From Prospect to Guest to Member” and Success 101” (electronic version).
- Hold a meeting with your team to start planning your event. During that meeting or before see the YouTube video of the Rick Furbush method for running demo meetings:
- Use the “Open-house Meeting Agenda” document in either the Word or Excel versions to prepare the agenda for your event.
- Refer to the article “Stir Up Excitement with an Open House or Demo Meeting” for additional tips.
On a specific page of the Toastmasters International website you can find two presentations: one for Corporate Demo Meetings and one for normal Demo meetings – use them to present what is Toastmasters International and what is Pathways.
The District has produced an Open-house box (big and small versions). The January 2018 edition of the box has been given to Division Directors and Area Directors on the basis of open-house plans received and confirmed. The boxes had he following content:
- Badge insert – about 70 units in big box, about 20 in small box
- Table Topics Card – about 70 copies in big box, about 20 in small box
- “Become a better leader/Find Your Voice” (a TM flyer on Leader and Communications) – about 70 copies in big box, about 20 in small box
- “Uncover your leadership potential” (a TM flyer on Leadership development) – 70 copies in big box, about 20 in small box
- “Develop your leaders from within” (a TM flyer for corporations) – 20 copies in big box, about 10 in small box
- Promotional “Ask Me About Toastmasters” Button – 7 units in big box, 5 in small box