About District 59
Toastmasters International is the world’s leading organization devoted to the improvement and development of individual communication and leadership skills.
Toastmasters District 59 consists of over 116 clubs across Belgium, France, Luxembourg, Monaco and the Netherlands.
Each group of three to six clubs are taken care of by an Area Director who visits them and builds the bridge to the district. Three or more Areas can be group in a Division. A Division Director is the team leader for the Division´s Area Directors. He/She reports to the District Director.
Our District is composed by the following Divisions:
- Division A – France North
- Division B – Belgium, Zeeland and Lille
- Division C – Northern Netherlands
- Division D – Luxembourg and Alsace-Lorraine
- Division E – Southern Netherlands
- Division F – Southern France
We empower individuals to become more effective communicators and leaders.
We build new clubs and support all clubs in achieving excellence.
We provide a supportive and positive learning experience in which members are empowered to develop communication and leadership skills, resulting in greater self-confidence and personal growth.
Toastmasters International Values
Toastmasters International Envisioned Future
To be the first-choice provider of dynamic, high-value, experiential communication and leadership skills development.
A Toastmaster’s Promise
As a member of Toastmasters International and my club, I promise:
- To attend club meetings regularly
- To prepare all of my speech and leadership projects to the best of my ability, basing them on projects in the Competent Communication, Advanced Communication, or Competent Leadership manuals
- To prepare for and fulfill meeting assignments
- To provide fellow members with helpful, constructive evaluations
- To help the club maintain the positive, friendly environment necessary for all members to learn and grow
- To serve my club as an officer when called upon to do so
- To treat my fellow club members and our guests with respect and courtesy
- To bring guests to club meetings so they can see the benefits Toastmasters membership offers
- To adhere to the guidelines and rules for all Toastmasters education and recognition programs
- To maintain honest and highly ethical standards during the conduct of all Toastmasters activities.