Clubs whose officers attend a live District-sponsored training program receive credit towards the training goal of the Distinguished Club Program (point 9 out of 10).
A minimum of four officers has to be trained in every round of training to gain this point:
- 1st round has to take place between June 1st and August 31st (submitted before 15 September)
- 2nd round between December 1st and February 28th (submitted before 15 March).
If an officer serves the same role in two different clubs, once they train for that particular role they will receive credit for both clubs. All club officers who hold dual roles must participate in training sessions for each office they hold in order to receive credit.
Various divisions conduct TLI training in a “one-room setting” where all the roles (grades) get taught at the same time. In this case, each officer would have been trained for every role and therefore should get dual credit. In other cases when there are separate sessions for each role (i.e. Presidents in one room and VPM in another room) the dual officers must attend each of the individual sessions to receive credit for both roles they serve.
Club officers should preferably be trained by authorized District representatives in a live training session.
Only the Club President, Vice President Education, Vice President Membership, Vice President Public Relations, Secretary, Treasurer and Sergeant at Arms can receive credit for attending.
Please keep a copy for your own records.
For more detailed information please read the Distinguished Club Program and Club Success Plan (item 1111) pages 8 and 9.
Immediately after completing your Club Officers Training you follow these steps:
- Go to www.toastmasters.org
- Go to “Leadership Central“
- Go to “District Central“
- Choose District 59
- Select “Record/Review Club Officer Training“
- Choose the relevant Training period and proceed
- Carefully select the officers who attended the Training
- Check carefully before saving because once it is saved it cannot be changed
If you have made a mistake, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org so the PQD can communicate and rectify with Toastmasters International.
If you have questions, also send an e-mail to email@example.com