- This event has passed.
District 59 Business Meeting Spring Conference 2019
May 11 @ 10:45 - 13:15
District 59 Business Meeting Spring Conference 2019 – More important than ever!
An important element of Spring forward in Marseille is the Annual District Council Meeting (Saturday from 10.45-13.15).
Here the 10 most important reasons why you should attend this meeting:
- Listen to the perspective of others in our Toastmasters community.
- Hear exactly what’s going on in our Toastmasters community and not whatever somebody wants to tell you.
- Decide how involved you want to become by listening to what the different projects the council is working on from development to international meetings. You’ll find the perfect niche for yourself including educational recognition.
- Get to know council members that will serve you and help you make the most of your journey next year.
- Meet other like-minded Toastmasters.
- Better understand District Politics.
- Vote for the candidates that will bring your Toastmasters Journey to the next level.Supporting Toastmasters projects that bring value to your membership fees.
- Scrutinise the work of the current officers.
- Create your own organisation bringing your voice: any item to be consider should be send by email to email@example.com by 26th April.
Toastmasters District 59 is governed by a district council—which includes district leaders, club presidents, and vice presidents education.
The District leaders are the district director, program quality director, club growth director, public relations manager, immediate past district director, division directors, area directors, administration manager, and finance manager.
District committee chairs and any other Toastmasters is welcome to the meeting but cannot vote or deliberate- you always can ask somebody to do it on your behalf (representation by a District member).
The business conducted at the District Council Business Meeting includes:
- Finance Manager Report presented
- Appointed officers confirmed
- District executive committee’s filling of district office vacancies confirmed (as needed)
- Assignment of clubs to areas and divisions for the following year adopted
- Nominating committee report presented
- Nominations from floor taken and election of district officers conducted
- District director, program quality director, club growth director and public relations manager report on progress toward district goals
- Agenda elements can be brough to the attention of District administration manager by t26th April by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. by 26th April.
Quorum and Proxy
A quorum (one-third of the club presidents and vice presidents education from member clubs in the district or their proxies) is needed to conduct business.
If any business is done at council meetings where a quorum is not present, then a majority of the clubs must approve the action through a post-meeting vote.
At the district council business meeting, each club president and vice president education in attendance is entitled to one vote.
However, if either or both officers cannot attend, they may designate, in writing, any other active member of their club to act as a proxy or proxies for their club.
Accumulation of votes is topped to 2 per person or 3 per District Officers.
It is a common misconception to consider the supplied “proxy form” to be the “proxy” and, therefore, required. A proxy is “a person authorized to act on behalf of another,” in this case a club member. As long as the following is provided, any document (email, letter, etc.) may act as a proxy form:
- District number
- Description of event (district council business meeting
- Date and location of meeting
- Club name and number
- Name of club representative or proxy holder
- Signature of authorization of club officer and office held
- Date the credential/proxy is signed
To be valid at a district council meeting, a proxy must:
- Contain all of the elements described above
- Be delivered personally, by mail, by fax, by email, by electronic transmission or by other reasonable means to the club member who will hold the proxy
- Be presented by the proxy holder in paper form (i.e. printed email) to the credentials desk.
- If the proxy does not bear a handwritten signature, it must have the typed name of the club officer(s) giving the proxy or some other indication that the club officer(s) authorized the proxy to be given.
A proxy that complies with these requirements is treated as valid so long as the credentials desk has no reason to believe that the proxy was not authorized.
However, in order to ease the work of the credentials and admin manager, the team has set this http://bit.ly/Proxy_assign and would like to request that you fill it before before 4th May.
If you are unable to do so before this date, please provide your proxy to the person representing you asking him to go to the conference credentials first thing when reaching the conference. For any questions contact Manie Comradie at email@example.com.